社区 & 服务
One of the main goals of the Baccalaureate School for Global Education’s Middle Years Program is the promotion of responsible citizenship that deepens students’ knowledge and understanding of the world around them. 学生 are encouraged to make personal connections with their intellectual and social growth and what they can contribute to local and global communities. 这一互动领域远远超出了课堂, 培养对国际社会现实的认识, reinforcing the importance of community as well as recognition and respect for human rights.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the community and society in general
- A willingness and the skills to respond to the needs of others
- An unselfish attitude which enriches the life of the student through enhanced insight into different social patterns and ways of life
- 跨文化意识, 鼓励尊重, empathy and understanding for all people regardless of ethnicity, 比赛, 性别, class, 性取向, 国籍和/或身体残疾
学生 participate in interactive activities that engage them in constructive and positive action working in diverse social and cultural environments. These activities will enhance their education at BSGE and enrich their lives socially, 政治和文化. 学生 engage in developmentally appropriate activities over 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th grades.
龙8官网下载 requires students in middle school to complete 100 hours of 社区 and 服务. 学生 who later enter the diploma program are expected to fulfill 150 hours of Creativity, 三年级和四年级的活动和服务. In order to receive credit, all activities and volunteer service must be approved by 彼得•威尔逊.
Before students can participate in activities in relation to their respective community and the global community, they must develop an awareness of what community is on varying levels.
Through BSGE’s curriculum and school activities outside of the classroom, students will be given opportunities to develop an awareness of different communities and their needs. 学生 will begin to recognize their own strengths and interests, developing ways they can contribute positively and practically in their respective communities. Teachers are all responsible for the integration of 社区 and 服务 by stimulating awareness and helping students develop their Approaches to Learning skills.
Through an increased and substantive awareness of community issues and challenges, students should develop a desire to respond to these needs and challenges in a responsible and sincere way. The student will see himself/herself as an active agent of change, 提高责任和行动水平. 同时, by encouraging students to use the talents and skills they’ve developed at school outside of the classroom, 参与者也会建立自尊. 学生 in BSGE’s Middle School are required to become actively engaged in service activities individually and in groups.
- 社区 and 服务 activities are a requirement for all students. These activities lead students through the stages of growth of awareness to responsible and meaningful autonomous action.
- Each year BSGE students are engaged in a 社区 and 服务 based activity in order to encourage students to develop a positive response to community needs.
- Activities chosen by students and accepted by BSGE as 社区 and 服务 should reflect the maturity level of the students and should respect their individual interests and preferences.
- BSGE recognizes and celebrates students for their community involvement without awarding grades for 社区 and 服务.
反思是社区与服务的重要组成部分. It encourages a better awareness of local and global community needs as well as a stronger, 更实质性的回应. 通过反射, students can develop positive attitudes towards their activities in their respective communities. 反射 also helps students become more aware of their strengths and challenges. It allows BSGE staff to efficiently monitor the quality of 社区 and 服务 on individual and school-wide levels.
监察BSGE的社区及服务, students are required to complete 社区 and 服务 intake forms, recording their monthly activity hours as well as their total service hours for the semester or year. 学生 must have their supervisor approve their calculated hours for each activity they participated in during the school year and, 在某些情况下, 在夏天. 学生 are also required to complete a 社区 and 服务 reflection form for each activity, 回答以下问题:
- By participating in this activity, what did you learn about yourself?
- What were the most valuable or rewarding aspects of this activity?
- 你觉得什么是挑战或不舒服的? 为什么会发生这种情况?
- 你会把这个活动推荐给其他人吗? 为什么或为什么不?
社区与服务反思表 (7 -10年级)(msword文档)
All 社区 and 服务 reflection forms require a supervisor’s signature. A copy of both the intake and reflection form must be submitted to BSGE’s 社区 and 服务 coordinator, 彼得•威尔逊.